|Type of funding:||Regional research networks|
|Application access:||Researchers with a doctoral degree and at least 20% employment at an institution with application access to regional research funds|
|Amount:||1,5 mill. NOK each year. A total of 4,5 mill. NOK for the network period|
|Expected number of grants awarded:||2 - 3|
|Latest possible start date:||December 1st 2020|
Definition and purpose
A regional research network is a strategic effort for creating good collaborative relationships that contribute to strengthening of research within a limited field of study in the region beyond what can be achieved by a single research group alone.
- Competence building through joint activities in the network (e.g sharing of knowledge through seminars and meetings, sharing of method knowledge, common courses, etc.)
- Increased cross-disciplinary collaboration between several professions
- Increased high- quality research production (measured, for example, by publishing, citations, etc.)
- Increased competitiveness (obtaining external / international research funding, recruiting researchers nationally / internationally)
- Increased national and international collaboration, e.g. through increased participation in internationally funded / EU projects
- Improve resource utilization and critical mass
Requirements for regional research networks
The core activity of the network must be located in the Helse Sør-Øst region. The network may also collaborate with universities/colleges in the region, and other research groups nationally and internationally who have necessary expertise.
The network should include actively participating research groups at three or more health care institutions/hospitals in the region, of which at least two must be located at non-university hospitals.
Note! A regional research network in Helse Sør-Øst should contribute to strengthening of research within a limited field of study in the region through strategic collaborative relationships, which may also include collaboration on several research projects within a discipline. Collaboration around one single multi-center study is not considered a regional research network.
User involvement must be included in the network structure. There may be user involvement in the research projects and / or at strategic level in the steering group / reference group for the network.
A regional research network should:
- Facilitate collaborative regional / national / international (eg: EU projects)
- Organize strategic and professional seminars, meetings and / or courses for its members that contribute to competence building
- Facilitate optimal utilization of relevant infrastructure
- Facilitate user involvement in research associated with the network
- Facilitate researcher exchange in the region
- Create website with information about the network and its activities
In addition, it is expected that the network will work to facilitate applications for larger, competitive research funds from international sources of funding.
Organization and responsibilities
The leader of the network must have a doctoral degree and hold at least 20% employment at the applicant institution.
- The research network shall have a coordinating research group with overall responsibility for the networks organization and activity.
b. Responsibilities for the coordinating group
- Arrange and lead strategic and professional networking meetings
- Guide development and implementation of the network's professional strategy
- Facilitate and participate in collaborative projects
- Run the network's website and contribute to visibility of the research area
- Coordinate user involvement in research projects that are part of the network and / or at strategic level in a steering group / reference group.
c. Steering group/reference group
- The network should have a reference group/steering group that includes relevant user representatives.
For larger networks and/or for networks linked to less established research areas, it may also be appropriate to establish a professional board composed of external researchers (national and international) with expertise in the field. The board may for example contribute to the development of a research strategy for the subject area.
What can you apply for?
Helse Sør-Øst RHF allocates 1,5 mill. NOK for up to three years for regional research networks.
Regional research networks can apply for support for:
- Administration and coordination of the research network (coordinator)
- Network activities (see relevant activities)
There is no opportunity to apply for funds for:
- General project running costs, equipment purchases or scientific positions. Such project activities should preferably be covered by ordinary research funds.
Extension of the network period
After the first network period has expired, it is possible to apply for an additional 1.5 million NOK. Per year for up to 3 years in the ordinary application process. Helse Sør-Øst RHF allocates support for a maximum of 6 years to the same regional research network.
Mandatory attachments for application for regional research network
All documents must be converted to PDF format prior to uploading in eSøknad. The project description is uploaded as a separate PDF file, while all other attachments must be merged into a single PDF file.
Submit the requested attachments only. Additional attachments will not be considered.
The font should be Arial 11 pt / Times New Roman 12 pt or similar, single spacing, min. 2 cm margins. For references and figure legends, a 9 pt font may be used.
Note! The application and all uploaded attachments must be completed in English.
List of publications||Publication lists for the network leader and key partners from each hospital / health care institution should be attached. At least two of the partners must be from actively participating research communities at non-university hospitals. ||Each list must contain relevant publications from the last five years and should not exceed 3 pages. |
Network description||Please view
template for the network description.||The network description should be written in English and be max.
10 pages including figures, tables and list of references.|